Before we get into the ‘new team member’ bit, a little bit about us…
We’re small group of Canucks from Nova Scotia (the birthplace of hockey we should note!). We play hockey, watch hockey and argue hockey and enjoy fantasy hockey. Over the years we’ve noticed that our favorite sport doesn’t get the attention it deserves in the fantasy sports world. We’re dedicated to changing that! We want to reach all hockey fans, not just gamblers and sharks.
We are seeking another team member with development skills. If you love hockey as much as we do then read on…
Into Fantasy Hockey?
See below for qualities we are looking for in our ideal candidate.
- Passionate about Hockey / Sports
- Understands daily fantasy concepts and contest operations
- Works well in a team. Seriously self-motivated but enjoys working with others to achieve business goals.
- Initiative – just does it. Knows how to find the answers by him/herself with little direction.
- Great communication skills
- Problem solver. Willing to jump into pre-coded environment and make it work.
- Reliable and respectful
- Experience working in a small group, company or start-up
- Experience working in the fantasy sports industry – but can see a picture that goes beyond the wager / gambling model.
- Familiar with or plays MMO online games
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist in completion of code for prototype
- Maintain API Integration from MySportsFeeds (data provider) for player data
- Maintain salary-cap congruence and integrity
- Assist with application testing and launch
- Participate in application design (provide ideas on game mechanics and execution)
- Experience with integrating front-end code with APIs and web application frameworks
- Competent in both back and front-end development
- Proficient and productive with a strong desire to build high quality, robust applications that users love
Contact us if :
- You are looking to develop or sharpen your programming skills working with APIs and / or building sports apps
- The idea of building a company is interesting to you
- You like to talk hockey at work
Don’t contact us if:
- You are looking for a paid position
- A Bruins fan (kidding – sort of)
Interested in learning more? Contact us at email@example.com to start a conversation.